It's always fun when you try some new experiment and it actually works out. I had this space invader ice cube mould I got for playing with resin last year but since I didn't have as much success with the resin as I had hoped it got popped on the shelf and I haven't touched it since. While I was having my sculpey play I wondered if I would be able to use it in the mould and put it in the oven since those silicone moulds are oven safe.
So I went ahead and tried it out. I was pleasently surprised when I found it had worked out fine. The sculpey (and fimo) didn't stick to the mould at all and once cooled it popped out just fine. The back in the second image was a bit rough but I fixed that problem as I hadn't actually filled the mold competely so it was hard to smooth the backing.
What I did discover though was that I didn't quite get the sculpey into all the corners of the mould resulting in a few rounded corners (or in the second batch's case airbubbles grrr) but all in all the experiment didn't go all bad so I was pretty happy. If you look at the pic below you can see that the white one turned out pretty good while the green and purple ones ended up a little rough around the edges or had air bubbles.
Like I said I was still pretty pleased with the outcome. They are real cute. Gonna try making a few more me thinks.